Thursday, July 02, 2009

Another tea pot and my orchid



I will start with the orchid first, it flowers at this time of the year and is a zygopetalum of sorts, it has lost its label but it comes into the bathroom every year and has a wonderful perfume which takes a while before you can smell it. One of my favorites and I love the wild and wonderful colours.
It is one of the few exotic orchids that I like the perfume of.
The tea pot is a Japanese one that I bought for very little from a stall in the Eki (railway station ) in Okyama City on our first visit to Japan. It is just right for making green tea in.
I just wish I could get green tea here that is like the stuff I buy in Japan, and those days are sadly over. The stuff I get here in the Oriental supermarkets is never as nice.
The physio seems to think I am making progress, probably because I had a tummy upset yesterday so I really did rest!
Still wet and wild and stormy weather, perhaps we are going to have a reasonable winter.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Nice orchid. I always thought they were hard to grow then my daughter bought me one for Mother's Day and I was amazed that the blossoms lasted for five months and it's since reflowered twice. I now have three of them.