Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Another 10 minute collage


I havent done many of these lately but I had fun with this one.
Pat of Weaver of Grass blog set a challenge to see who or what had influenced us. I have written a rather long post on my other blog if you want to look.
I have spent most of the day tidying and sewing and cutting out and not doing a huge amount.
I have several things under way but not much finished so there is no point in talking about them.
Still cold and grey outside but not as much rain as we had hoped for, now the weather 'experts' I think personally that my farmer husband is as good as them, are talking about dry summers and worse fire problems etc etc. I know we are in a terrible muddle and that the seasons are not quite as expected and of course we are globally warming, we have been ever since the earth began, but we also have cycles of weather as our records will attest to, and no one can look ahead and positively say this or that WILL happen, if they are sensible they will say this might happen.
I quite like this quote from British poet Abraham Cowley

"May I a small house, and a large garden have.
And a few Friends and many Books, both true,
Both wise, and delightful too.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Very cold and gloomy summer here for us where the norm is hot and muggy so I think you're right when you say the weather goes in cycles because the last few years have not been what I expected especially with the global warming but I'm very thankful for all the rain we have been getting the last couple of years.