Sunday, July 19, 2009

Collections



I have been wandering through a few blogs of people who have collections or who are gatherers, I am not sure what I am but I certainly gather all sorts of things and I do have a few collections.
I am not showing my cloth doll collection as I think that is a little obsessive.
so here are some and my favorite is the little shrine with my sand stone seated figure I bought many years ago on a skiing trip to Wanaka in New Zealand. John made the little wooden shrine for me and she has around her many things I think she would like.
Then, apart from the cloth African lady, who is one of my most favorite cloth dolls is my small collection of wooden Japanese dolls ewith a few other Japanese momentos.
Of course there are owls, these live in the bathroom. they are probably my nicest collection as I have been given them by friends and relations over the years.
I have always loved houses and had a few before I went on various trips and came home with some from different parts of the world although most are made by Australian artists and some are really cheap little things I just liked the look of.
I am a terrible magpie and one thing usually turns into several things. What does every one else collect?

1 comment:

Deirdre Edwards said...

Hi Penny, just love your "collections", also love checking out your blog, mostly daily if possible. I don't know if you remember me, I was one of the temporary "grumpies" last year @ Joy's...hopefully we can organise a Broken Hill visit next year sometime. Keep up the good work!!
cheers, Jan Simpson. PS if you ever feel the inclination to email me my addy is: jansim@tadaust.org.au, please don't use the Gaara addy if it comes up on the comments, as i can't access it, it's a group addy.