Wednesday, July 22, 2009

One of THOSE days




Everything I thought I was going to do today didnt quite happen the way I thought it would.
We were woken in the early hours of the morning by a short but very heavy and noisy thunderstorm with hail. Didnt get back to sleep.
It rained very heavily off and on all morning with brief bursts of sunlight.
I thought I was going to spend all the day playing with textile stuff. Couldnt find the vliesofix (bonding stuff) so spent a fruitless hour or so looking and then remembered I had used the last of it before 'the knee'.
John when asked to get some when he went into see the Dr and have more things cut out when asked by the friend who runs the shop how I was said"She is going through the grumpy stage".
So IN the Holey Moley stuff we are doing on line with Dale I thought I would do the holes in panty hose. Only after I had cut the leg off did I realise it was my smart fancy pair, too late by then. So I made holes not very well but they are better than the other holes I made doing "free machine" or free holes, I think mine ran away.
I took the camera outside and it was so dark the nice pale pink camellia in a pot by the bedroom door faded to white with the flash.
In desperation, I looked for more holes, well its not a hole but it is round, and reasonably decorative, full of leaves and water, the drinking bowl for all who pass by (animal or bird of course).
What else? Well I have finished the beaded pin for some one who hasnt got back to me yet to say if she still wants it, I guess she will.
Oh and the shot of texture in the garden, that is what all my garden books are raving about at the moment, different greens and texture, well not quite green in the New Zealand flax, it is a not so much texture as a focal point.
Dont you love the ferny looking leaves of the geranium maderense? It will flower this summer in the most amazing and huge head of purple flowers, that is one plant I dont mind self seeding mildy aroung the garden.
Have a look at Christine Atkins web site on my side bar, she is the friend who won her section of the Waterhouse Prize this week and she does the most amazing stuff.
Well the pug is demanding his food, no doubt John will too but not quite in the same way, the knee is not likeing me but I am having fun making silken circles with not my couronne stick (which I dont have) but a toilet roll and silk sari stuff that I bought to knit with and never did.

2 comments:

Robin Mac said...

Oh Penny, I can relate to all of that. I keep losing stuff that I know I have put away safely etc etc - usually turns up when I am searching for something else many moons later. I like your holes, wish I was doing Holey Moley, but I simply don't have time, perhaps next time around. Look after that knee, I am off to have my cataract removed today. Cheers, Robin

Karen said...

The camellia is beautiful I've never seen one before and was wondering what it was.