Monday, July 13, 2009

Mannum and Collages




The first is a general view of the type of scrub that is on the hills above the River Murray and across to the other side.
Then how low the river is compared to these boat tie ups that should be in the water and are way way above it.
The third is the front of the Murray River Princess which is one of the paddle steamers that used to go up and down the Murray, I loved the railing and the brass bell. It was used as a cruise ship but I am not sure if it is still operating or not.
Then my collages, I sometimes do wonder what goes on in my mind when I do these, I tend to set the clock for 10 minutes, find what catches my eye in a magazine and go for it.
I loved the high red heeled shoes and the face in the girl in the other one is lovely.
I drove the car into get the mail this morning, the first time since I wrecked this knee, wasnt too bad but I then came home and tripped on a rug, not so good.
We have had over 50 mm of rain in the last 3 days which is wonderful, just so long as it doesnt stop for a while, all the billabongs are filling up and there are wild duck every where, infact they are a bit of a hazard when they are flying as if you hit one they are heavy and make a bit of a mess of your car.

1 comment:

Robin Mac said...

grteat to hear you are getting some rain at last Penny. Hope the knee continues to improve, despite tripping - that seems to happen much more often as we get older!!! Cheers, Robin