Thursday, July 16, 2009

Mason and Millie





I finally got over to Tabby's and saw two of my granddaughters, Gaby and Millie and my great grand son, Gaby's baby Mason, he is nearly 10 months and is a big and beautiful boy. Millie is about 20 months old and simply gorgeous. They play together really well and Millie cant wait for Mason to start walking, actually he is being a sensible boy and is just sitting so it may be a while although he loves to stand and feel his feet, maybe he wont be bothered with crawling.
I have been hanging out to see them but it just hasnt been possible.
I also had a bit of a walk around the garden as the sun was out at last, we have had about 4 inches of rain so it was lovely to see sunshine, but incredibly wet and mushy underfoot.
The pots in a pot by the back door give me great pleasure and I loved the way the sun was shining through this little orange lantern flower.
I have been having a lovely time going back through Robyn in South Africa's lovely posts, look for them in my boots and sketchbook side bar, click on Robyn, she carves the most incredible stuff and I wish I had her talent, not only that but she puts up many other artists as well. I think I am saving up to buy at least something from her, although unfortunately not her lovely totems.
I have been playing not terribly productively with my sewing machines, a lot of thread breaking today which is really frustrating.
I have just finished reading JohnGrisham's A painted house, I cant remember if I have read any of his others although The rain maker rings a bell. About an Arkansas family trying to get the cotton crop in, that is all but quite a lot wound into it, seen from a 7 year old boys eyes. One of several books I was given when a friend moved house.

1 comment:

Karen said...

The babies are cute they grow so fast.