Friday, July 17, 2009

Garden flowers



The sun is out and I have repotted some succulents that have been crying for me to do them and then a wander around the garden.
The little jack in the pulpit are out, there are actually two in the photo but one is very shy and hiding.
I think this camellia is The Czar but it is so long ago that it was planted I have forgotten, no good for picking but lovely on the bush.
This pink flower is a passionflower, I thought it was tropical but cant be as it goes mad at this time of the year and it is so cold and wet, I need to get to it as it is over the top of some of my roses. It has a lovely bright almost red flower and I dont begrudge its wandering ways for the show at this time.
The almond blossom is out, my poor little tree was a rescue from the nursery tip, and it struggles but has lovely blossom for a while, no almonds as we dont have another tree near enough to pollinate it.
It was lovely to feel the sun and the wind for a short time but I think that we are expecting more rain.

1 comment:

Karen said...

The flowering almond looks nice.