Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Collage



I have never been terribly good at collage, well not with paper, I think I like things to balance so I have a few problems with it.
Here are two very different collages, the first is thinking about holes for the Holey Moley Club that is a year long on line course I am taking and our first lesson was about well holes and what they were and how we could think about using them. I had a heap of scrap paper, watercolor paper I use under other stuff when I am painting or spraying and I collect these and sometimes, as here I use a punch to punch out holes to use. So I played around with the idea of layered holes and the depth of holes to do this first little bit which I then had to layer papers on papers to make some sort of collage.
The other was harder, there is a web site run by Shelley Klammer on which she runs a series of workshops and one is a free on line called Expressive Art Workshops, one of the blogs I love visiting is weaver of grass and she was doing this so I had a look and liked the idea of 10 minute collages that somehow, I hope as I go on will speak more to me and perhaps give me some inkling of what goes on in my mind, I am not too sure of this as a lot of the time I have no idea what I am about!
Any way this is the first one, and I am obviously stressing about losing weight, or am I?

3 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

You will soon get the hang of it (nothing wrong with your first attempt!)and soon a daily collage becomes a pleasant habit. I'm loving doing mine and find I'm becoming more spontaneous by the day.Interesting revelations too!

annie said...

Fun, Penny. Maybe I better try. Something I might do with my grandson, and I would love becoming more spontaneous, Robyn.
annie

The Weaver of Grass said...

Interesting Penny. Glad you are doing the free course too. Are you doing the words bit as well? I am finding it quite difficult but interesting to do. Let's keep in touch about our progress - Robyn too. Good luck with it all.