Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Around the garden



I did far too much yesterday, totally cleaned the house, changed the bed, washed and then proceeded to fall in a heap.
I did manage in the midst of it all a short walk down to the stables and took this quite nice photo by the gate into the orchard of wormwood and a small pink gum trunk.
The aloes are starting to flower, sending their tall red candles up, this smaller one is further advanced than the big one I have. They always look so cheerful at this time of the year.
Then another small collection, baskets, I made three of them but not the lovely dark grey and light grey one or the one with the handle.
I did a basket making course one year and although I loved doing it I havent done another one, there never seems to be time, trouble with me is I go from one thing to another, why oh why didnt I do this when I was in my 40's, not my 60's.
The stones are aboriginal grinding stones we found years and years ago, probably it is illegal to take them now but then no one bothered about them.
Off to feed the dogs who are telling me it is high time I did something about them, the old male pug who is deaf and going blind has no problems telling when he should be fed.

1 comment:

Karen said...

The photos turned out really well, I especially like the one of the baskets. When I click on it to enlarge it you can see all the details in the weave.