Sunday, February 10, 2008

The way I feel today


Like Oscar, not wanting to move off the bed. Although he didnt want to move while I was trying to make it.
Yesterday was not a good day. Hearing of the death of a friend and neighbors husband, and then going to a party to celebrate another friends wife's life.
It was heartbreaking to see her 20 year old beautiful twin daughters and her husband doing what she wished, but at only 53 and much loved it was difficult. The party was lovely and we ate and drank well and had a toast to her memory but I couldnt help thinking that she was never going to see what her daughters did with their lives or her grandchildren.
At the moment I seem to have too much death around me, normal I suppose at our age and
I suppose I should feel very lucky to still have it all but today John is fishing and I ache and feel depressed.
Now to get on with some work and stop feeling sorry for myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's a hug all the way from New Mexico, USA. Losing someone in our circle is always difficult. My wish for you is that a memory of your friend brings you a smile today. I enjoy your writings and seeing your part of the world.