Thursday, February 07, 2008

49th wedding anniversary



No photo of the child bride this time instead a lovely one of the cat Oscar, especially after reading a wonderful blog about some cats in Wales, the name of which escapes me (the champagne for lunch!) but I will find it, it is a wonderful blog. Dale of downunderdale recommended it.
Then the scrappy box I have finally nearly finished, still needs a closure but then so do most of my boxes.
The table with glasses of the Johnston Christina Sparkling wine, not really supposed to call it champagne in Oz anymore, the French get stroppy, a lovely wine, and then the view from our table all taken with the new camera.
We had a lovely lunch even though it had rained and we couldnt sit outside we did the next best thing in front of the open french doors.
I really cant believe it is 49 years, the big one next year, I certainly didnt think we would get to that when we were married. My parents only made 25 before my father died.
They have been good years, naturally some ups and downs but who doesnt.

3 comments:

The Ginger Darlings said...

Lovely looking fizz there. We know someone who likes a glass of fizz. And the orange cat is fine too.
We send you our best wishes from Wales, where there are lovely ponies that we visit sometimes when we are out walking. You would like them.
From Jackie and teh gingercats

Doreen G said...

Congrats on the wedding anniversary Penny only one year to go for the big one and also for joining the Cyber Fyber swap.

Cyber Fyber said...

Hi Penny!
Many, many congratulations on your anniversary! Thank you so much for trading with me at CYBER FYBER!
Susan