Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Textile page


Unfortunatly this isnt showing up very well, I have tried to fix the shadow but it wouldnt work. This is a fabric page I am slowly getting together of memories and women, this is my mother aged 18 on her wedding day, she is now 93. The lace is a tiny piece of Honiton Lace I bought when I was in Honiton a few years ago as my mother wore a Honiton Lace veil, which has long since disapeared, the pink lace is actually some of my mother in laws stuff i found in her work basket when I married John, she had been dead for 10 years then. Wrapped up is a shrunk down copy of my mothers wedding certificate and the pearl buttons are all old ones I have collected over the years. All done on a piece of cream silk. The other button is a copy of an old one and the frame is a scrapbooking one I found.
Today has been a bit messy, made a large amount of rattatoulle to freeze and use in stews over winter. I have washed and ironed, fiddled with some textile stuff I still have to finish and had a blood test (8 am, no breakfast!)
Felt almost like winter today, cold and dark but it has suddenly cleared up so I will walk the dogs tonight before going in to beading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful. My mother would be 93, if she was still alive. I have a similar photo of her in her wedding gown,(she too was 18) and have the wedding certificate also. You have given me the inspiration, to make a picture like this. Thank you so much for sharing. I love it! Bonnie in WI