Thursday, March 30, 2006

Glory vine leaves


I sat outside after lunch relaxing and looking at the various colours of the leaves on the Glory vine so collected my watercolour pencils and tried to capture them. I dont think I had realised how many different shapes the leaves have as well as the tones of colour. I am afraid it isnt brilliant but it is my last weeks challenge for Everyday Matters, for those in the northern hemisphere the challenge was Spring
Great excitement today as when I went in to the Post Office to collect the mail there was a complimentary copy of the American magazine Cloth Paper and Scissors with an accompanying letter saying that I was an "artist" in this issue. Wow!! I must say I had about 4 pages of the ATC RR pages I had made in there. Incredible.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

COOL Penny!
Got my subscription of CPS a couple of days ago....You are an inspiration! You ATCs were great...and I wish I was as disciplined as you. Keep up with your painting....I love 'visiting' here.

Joei
Rhode Island

marieJ' said...

Congratulations on being published.
My CPS has not arrived yet....

Nice work on leaves.Autumn is realy knocking at the doors here as well....
change in colors is amazing.

Alison said...

Congratulations - Artist lady. I'm still holding off subscribing to CPS as I already get three other fibre magazines. Maybe soon though :) Your background sound similar to mine - daughter of a uni professor. My father is still working at 78 but my mother is declining fast - that's what occupys me most at the moment. I visited Adelaide for the first time last year. I loved the museum and the gallery - lots of great sketching opportunities.