Monday, March 20, 2006

Embellished textile dolls


I have had a frustrating two days trying to get blogger pictures to work. Finally they have after I have been through goodness knows what who knows what goes on in a computer!
These little dolls are something I have been playing with, using different decorations. The head dresses are of multiple layers of cloth cut and sewn and then over sewn with inbuilt stitches on my machine. The dolls are of batic and commercial fabrics but I would like to try hand dyed. They are beaded and embroidered with some wire work. They are about 7 inches tall and are designed to hang on the wall. Lots of fun to do and I would like to incorporate more of my playways knowledge on them. I actually drew up these dolls and then saw something very similar in one of the American doll magazines, I guess they are a pretty universal shape.
I have just finished one very long day at my first watercolour painting class, not very good but I think I will improve (well I hope so) two more days to go. Will get something up when I have time.
We have some people for dinner tonight and I have spent forever on this blog trying to get it together (would just like to go to bed!!)

1 comment:

Sue Seibert said...

Love these textile dolls, Penny. You did a beautiful job.