Friday, March 24, 2006

Another from the watercolour class


This was the very early morning scene on the last day of our class. The Island and the Bluff seemed to be floating in the air as there was very little difference between the sea and the sky when I did this.
I am now back to getting onto the computer at all times of the day. I had a 9 am eye appointment this morning, the cataract in the good eye is thickening, hence the smeary feeling I am getting, but not bad enough to do anything about yet, wait 12 months unless it really gets worse.
Yesterday was a full day/evening in Adelaide, dentists, I am still not cleaning enough for him, oh dear I may well be dead before that happens. Very hot in Adelaide, i did get a rather lovely and quite expensive brush for my washes and some paper. Saw my mother and one of her carers who is a very slim swish young lady who teaches singing, just what I think my mother needs, filled her up with a brandy and soda!
We then went on to the reception for the Clipsal 500 car race at the Armory lawns, while waiting for John who had forgotten our entree cards I sat on North Terrace and sketched the windows in the museum, I will put them up another day. The reception was very interesting, they had some of the jugglers and acrobats from the Adelaide fringe festival performing, I made some more very quick sketches. Some lovely oysters and other nibbly food, a glass or two of bubbly and caught up with a few people we knew then drove home, still very hot until we neared home when it got cold, so a good nights sleep.
Tomorrow I head back to Adelaide for a two day sketching for travellers class.

3 comments:

Sue Seibert said...

Penny, this is absolutely lovely!

Anonymous said...

I like both of your paintings, but the one with the cabin is really lovely! The setting is so reminiscent of summer holidays and songs around the campfire....
Hope you get through all your appointments and duties in the next few days. Have a good wekend!

Anonymous said...

Love this Penny. Simple, but very satisfying. I thought I might take up painting, but why bother, I could never achieve such an intimate and restrained picture as this! Congratulations again.