Friday, March 17, 2006

sketch of mug


Not a very good day today, my joints ache, due I suppose to the first couple of cold nights we have had, autumn feels as if it is here, but realistically we will have more heat before the season has really changed. Also my eye is misbehaving so I have finally made an appointment with the optomitrist. It keeps feeling rather smeary and not changing well to the different light from sun to shade, I just hope it is something that can be fixed, at least it is my bad eye anyway.
I havent really done anything productive today so thought I would sketch my mug, even that was not very well done, looks as if it will dance off the table!!It was done with watercolour pencils and pen. I love this set of mugs, only bought three when I saw them at Woolworths, the colours are so bright and cheerful. I had nothing to put up so this was it, but I will have another go when my eyes are not quite so wonky.
Even playing with my new watercolours I couldnt seem to get the colours I was trying to acheive.

3 comments:

Sue Seibert said...

Wow, amazing...you are having autumn, we are having spring. Of course, I know that happens...but it's still had to rationalize sometimes.

Sorry about your joints...mine were acting up today because of the cold rain. Also, about the eye. I have occular migrains...they don't hurt, but I get the glowing spot that grows large and finally disappears.

Oh, well, old age, I guess.

Anyway, I like your mug!

Linda said...

I like the mug! You have my sympathies about the eye troubles, too -- :-(

Alison said...

Your mug drawing is full of character - the wonkiness, bright colours - don't you think it's just asking to be filled up with hot chocolate and taken to bed for a few days :)