Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Cottage at Goolwa


I played around with this for two days. Tried to take out the tree and that didnt work so left it in. This is my first attempt at a "real" watercolor. I have trouble trying to get things not too wishy washy but I think that is more or less right. The cottage is interesting in that it has all these curved lines to it.
Yesterday was much cooler, we had a nice amount of rain and I didnt have to turn the hoses on. John and I spent a couple of hours in the evening pulling more nasty weeds in the paddock. Unfortunatly I found more when I went to see where the Cob stallion had got out. Something called cowtrop, not sure if this is how you spell it, looks very pretty with long tendrils of ferny weeds and hideous nasty long spined seeds.

3 comments:

Lin said...

LOVE IT!!! The colors are so warm and inviting!

Diane's Creations said...

This I just love,

Diane

Anonymous said...

Extremely pretty Penny. Love the tones and the composition. Worthy of hanging on anyone's wall! I must head down to Goolwa again soon.