Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Goolwa sketches


I had a lovely afternoon today, John had a meeting over at Goolwa which is about 1/2 an hour away, known as the historic river port town of Goolwa it is the last port on the River Murray before the lakes and in the 1800's was the scene for many of the paddle steamers landing and taking off with wool from around the area. Now we have one old little paddle steamer left called the Oscar "W," She was built in the mid 1850"s and is undergoing repairs which is why she looks a bit wrong in front, there is a post set off centre on her bow. I was a tourist in one of my own towns and had a lovely time taking photos etc, I will post some photos later. I may also see what she looks like with a wash of colour.

1 comment:

Lin said...

SO SO PRettY!!! Well done!!