Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weekly challenge


Here is the second of my Weekly challenges to get a small piece of art work done using my textile skills. Not really sure if this counts as this is a small tile taken from Maggie Grey's new book Textile Translations. It is a piece of pelmet vilene, with gesso spread quite thickly over it and a design drawn on it with a kebab stick, then using spray paints, I used the new shimmering mists while it was wet. When nearly dry I used quink ink in the depression and when all dry I have dry brushed some acryic paint over it.
fun to do and could be used later on a variety of things. I can also sew into it if I want to I suppose but I rather like it as it is.
After yesterdays heat we awoke to soft mizzle and quite cold, not really enough rain to make a lot in the rain gauge but it helps.
I did have an adventure in the night when I suddenly heard pony footsteps outside our bedroom window and then a squeal, so in my pj's and rubber boots and a fading torch I went to investigate, one of the Welsh mountain stallions was out and the little wretch was talking to every one, including the other stallions as well as the mares and fillies and would not be caught, and didnt want to go where I wanted him to go so after about half an hour of stumbling on a rutted track I shut him in the race and hoped all would be well, he had mares and fillies on either side of him but I think was more interested in the grass.
Luckily the milk tanker arrived while I was in the paddock and had left by the time I got back to the yards and the first of the early milkers had arrived as I was just getting into the house, not sure what they would have thought of the sight they may have seen!
John of course had slept through the lot.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't just the way of things! Men can sleep through anything!
Wow! I like what you did with this piece. Obviously the book is another winner.

Anonymous said...

Penny I really like this piece, the color the design and everything. It's different from your first one and I love all the differences.