Thursday, October 23, 2008

Spring Flowers in the garden



I have been promising photos of the garden and finally I got the batteries charged and it all up loaded. It looks magnificent in parts. the Irises are all out, the double Hawthorn doing its best, my clematis is flowering like mad, the roses have been magnificent and the geranium maderense is in full head.
Wonderful and now we are heading for about three days over 30 degrees and two of them at about 35 unbelievable.
Yesterday we were in Adelaide for hair cuts and to buy a new printer/scanner, it is the canon pixma mp610, I think there is a newer model but this was a very good price so we got it. Now I will have to work out how it all works after my dear old very basic printer/scanner. I really like the old models I am used to and not the newer stuff.
I have an infection that is making itself felt in the form of small boil like things so I am feeling a bit off and am on antibiotics, so not a lot done today. I do hope tomorrow is better I havent the time to sit around feeling sorry for myself.


4 comments:

Doreen G said...

Penny your flowers are beautiful.

Robin Mac said...

Love the flowers Penny, hope you get better soon. The weather for the next few days sounds horrific, you poor garden. Cheers,Robin

Anonymous said...

The garden is amazing Penny and the flowers so pretty. Hard to believe that it's Spring and you're having such hot weather. I hope this year is better for you as far as rain and heat goes.

Hope you're feeling better soon and in not to much pain with the infection.

Gwen Buchanan said...

It is lovely to see the flowers in bloom now in your wonderful country.. My daughter was in Adelaide a few years ago.. She actually married a fellow whose family was from near there.. They are no longer together...sadly I must admit.. wish they were... I liked him.. and would have liked having him on our family too...

I also adore the sweet little fairy shoes you made and showed a few posts back.. I was surprised to see they were from a pattern by Annette... as I met her a few months back.. only virtually of course and she told me about the asparagus growers in her family and the surrounding area...

nice to meet you!!