Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Beaded bracelet


I have been working off and on on this bracelet for months, started with a peyote base and then added the flowers and leaves and other beads.
Rather pleased with it but heavens why did it take me so long! I think the explanation is that I only did it on beading nights and I missed a few months .
Was away for most of the day, up to Mt Barker to, go to Spotlight and got lost, the place has grown so much, then back to Ashbourne to look at my little mare that went down in a friends float. I think we will look at her for a week or so before making any drastic decisions, she is not wanting to stand on it but there doesnt appear to be much swelling so I doubt if it is a broken bone, maybe a stretched ligament any way she certainly cant be floated home.
No where near as hot as expected, infact it is now overcast and quite warm and humid, we would love some rain.
I had a delightful walk tonight, and then another one with Annette Emms in Exmoor, on her blog
Fairy shoes, it is on my side bar as I dont seem to be computer literate enough to put a proper link in here.
I also for the great sum of $1 bought two books to alter, I am not much into altering books but Maggie Grey suggested we got them for the on line course she is running for those of us who bought her Textile Translations book. I have one small one, hard back ex school, Macbeth and one larger which is a rather old and out of date one called I love Skiing, well so do I but I think this one may fit the bill.
Cant wait to find out what we do with them.

1 comment:

Robin Mac said...

I found Annette Emm's blog through you, how lovely. I hope your foal is okay, always a worry when they come down like that. I am looking forward to finding out more on Saturday, haven't been able to find books at the thrift shop yet - I'm not much good at searching through them! Cheers, Robin