Saturday, December 01, 2007

Textile piece


This didnt scan terribly well but it is a piece I began as a demo while I was at the Grumpy Goddess week end. A piece of I think cotton velvet, green, was the base. I ironed a bonding agent here called vliesofix to the back of some chocolate foil and cut out shapes, took off the backing paper and ironed in place. i then cut some shapes out of the vliesofix and took off the baking paper and ironed transfer foils onto the glue residue that was left, the iron was a bit hot so it didnt transfer terribly well. I sprinkled a bit of super mend on in places and foiled that and then ironed a piece of bronze coloured organza over the top, not quite sure what organza, seemed to be a shot one, it held a bit and then I did free motion embroidery over it to hold it in place and then a bit more with a gold thread. Zig zagged over some gold cord. This could have the organza burnt back a bit with a heat gun but at the moment I am leaving it, I think I may make a book cover out of it.
I think if you click on the picture it will come up bigger. Well it didnt unless you go to a jpg file, this must be something new on blogger..
We went to a 60's dinner last night for the local Business Awards night, quite fun, although I think only a few of us really remembered that time, most were babies or not even born. I was pregnant for most of it!! What was interesting were a few pages from the local paper over that period, names i had forgotten came back and no one there knew who they were, almost all are new to the town. Really did make me feel old. I felt good though in my mother Marimekko wrap skirt, it has a date on it 1967.

1 comment:

Kate North said...

This is really lovely. I wish the normal popup enlargement was working - but don't worry, it's a blogger known issue (not something you are doing) and they are working on it - if you want to fix it in each post in the meantime, go to the blogger home page and look under known issues and it tells you how, but it involves messing with the HTML, so you may prefer not to...