Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Another textile base


This has been done using some black panne (cheap stretchy) velvet as a base to some foil that has been vliesofixed on and then a piece of dark pink organza ironed onto the top and then embellished I am trying to get Christmas cards done, but I will do some free motion embroidery over the top and I need to make about 20 ornaments for my beading group and I think this will be the base.
One of those mornings, phone calls, ponies out where they shouldnt be, the garden is parched and needs some water in places and John was off to an early meeting so not as much getting done as I had hoped.

2 comments:

Doreen G said...

Awesome Penny totally awesome.

Purple Missus said...

Two things Penny, firstly this is a wonderful piece of fabric you have created - I like those colours that are peeking through the bottom there. When you have your pieces of fabric out before you start its hard to imagine they will end up looking as lovely as this isn't it?
And the second is I'm afraid I will have to reply to your question through your blog as I don't have your email address.
The GAC200 is made by Golden - you will find their website here: www.goldenpaints.com which lists suppliers so hopefully you will find someone in your locality. Am really not sure if there is an alternative but again, if you look at the website they give you lots of technical information which might help. I wondered about trying PVA glue as that seems to act like a varnish but not sure how durable that would be. I suppose at the end of the day it would all depend on what you wanted to use your finished piece of paper for.
Sorry I can't be more help.