Monday, August 28, 2006

yesterday


I was heading up to Adelaide in the very early afternoon yesterday and i saw this half grown echidna on the side of the Back Valley bridge, luckily I had my camera with me as he was a really quite dark fellow looking very bright and where he was he couldnt rush away from me as one side was the drop into the creek and the other the bitumised road.
A very handsome fellow.
The other photo is why I was heading to Adelaide on a Sunday! Old school friends Pauline (known as Schom at school), who I had met ages ago but not since and Darrien who I hadnt seen at all since we left school. A delightful few hours spent at the coffee shop in the Botanical Gardens catching up with them and Denise who I have seen but not for a few years as her husband is ailing and Di who again I saw about 10 years ago. Some of us look good, some not so good, but interesting where all our lives have taken us as we head for 70 (well 3 years to go).
A bit frightening in a way, I feel at times totally inadequate, most of them went to University but then I have also seen some of the world, had an interesting life here and I certainly am not sitting back wondering where it all went, there is still so much to do.
Raced home to find my dinner guest talking to John about local matters and organised a meal in about 3/4 of an hour and was able to enjoy the talk and chat.
Very tired at the end of it, the traffic to and from Adelaide was not predictable.

No comments: