Sunday, August 20, 2006

Parsons Beach and Spring blossom


Today we went walking on one of my favorite beaches about 15 minutes away from home. One person fishing and as we left a few surfers coming down the rocky and steep track. We did a bit of beach combing, I am an avid collector of "things" and we found a broken but new fishing rod which John has repaired and will see how it works, and I found of all things an arrow. I have no idea what that was doing there, also a handy bit of drift wood and some poly rope that we brought home as it is not good for the seals etc that can get tangled in it.
No whales today but this week a very startled and lone surfer found himself surrounded by 3 young male whales who came to look at him. I think mostly they are around the corner at Middleton.
The other photo is of my lovely little self sown plum tree at the bottom of the orchard that is covered in blossom and is telling me that spring is not far away. Although it could do with more rain as we are desperatly dry. At the moment we are going from one sprinkle to another and i have serious hoses on in the garden.
Today I have been playing with shrink it plastic, great fun to do and I have been trying out various methods of paint and stamp.

No comments: