Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Where I have been



These photos were taken on my walk in the morning and afternoon while I stayed at a friends farm near Mambray Creek which is between Pt Pirie and Pt Augusta. It was so peaceful and lovely with lots of bird calls and not much else.
The first one is looking from the back of the house towards the other side of the gulf and the second one is of the Flinders Ranges taken from the front of her house. A five hour drive from home.This is edge of desert country but being winter they have had rain and some people have taken a punt on getting something back from the odd crop so it looks lovely and green. Rainfall has not been good for most of the year.
I am now so tired I can barely think.
We had a very stimulating week end with our Grumpy Women lot with lots of laughs, too much food and late nights. We did all sorts of different techniques so I have come home with lots of little samples.
My sister tells me that my mother seems to have accepted things pretty well, I dont think I can get to see her until Sunday. I have to go up soon to get her house in order and pack more stuff up prior to the removalists coming.
At the moment my house is the priority, it is in dire need of a good clean, it has taken me all day just to tidy what I took away with me up. I seem to get so tired easily too which is really annoying me.

3 comments:

Anastasia said...

Wow such vast land - so remote and looks so peaceful!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful compositions Penny. Has your artistic talent no bounds?

Anonymous said...

Penny, I keep coming back to the lower photograph. It really is quite extraordinary. Amazing camera work!