Tuesday, August 29, 2006

EDM challenge, Lamp post

I did this a little while ago, sitting in the warm summer evening waiting to go to my beading class. Here it is still cold and althugh it keeps on promising to rain so far it hasnt, well a few drops, nothing of any significance. We are so far below our winter rainfall it isnt funny.
Our town has these lights all over the place and they are rather lovely, if a bit incongruous as we have so few old buildings left.
The sketch is a bit wonky, I dont seem to be able to do very straight lines and I am sure it is because of the hole in the retina in my left eye. My right eye has compensated really well but drawing straight lines doesnt always work. Must take a small ruler with me, just one more thing to add to my handbag!
More bad news about my mother, apparently she has had a fall and broken a bone in her foot, but of course because she has slight dementia forgets that she shouldnt be walking on it. This is all second hand so far as my elder sister rang last night in a panic about it and so far I havent got through to the nursing home.
I dont know what you do in these circumstances and I am so far away, and at the moment think I may be going down with whatever John had last week. No car available either. I hope it is not as bad as it all seems,

3 comments:

Anastasia said...

So sorry to hear about your mum! I hope she recovers soon!
A beautiful lamp post. Great sketch!

Teri said...

Nice lamp post! I am with you on the difficulty with straight lines! I can't even find an interesting lamp post to sketch so I really love yours.

Anonymous said...

Forget straight lines Penny, this is a charming rendition.