Saturday, August 26, 2006

My mothers wedding party

I found this old photo while going through my mothers stuff, I had never seen her entire wedding party before and must ask her who they were as I only know my mother. She was only 18 at the time, but I just love the hats and the frilly dresses for the little girls. It is slightly out of focus which is probably why I havent seen it before. I think the photographer somehow focused on my mother and the little girl to her left.
Her train was supposed to be Honiton Lace.
I remember her telling me that she had an unfashionably large bosom and it should have been bound, doesnt look much like it.
So many things seem strange to us now and so many things that we dont know and soon it will be too late to find out.

1 comment:

Anastasia said...

What a wonderful photo! a beautiful bride!
I love seeing old photos and how people lived in the years gone by...