Saturday, August 19, 2006

Polymer clay necklace

I made these faces in polymer clay at the Grumpy Women's weekend and then wasnt sure how to put them together so they sat there while I thought about what I had to go with them.
this is the final decision, using a few polished stone beads and some I think wooden rings I had bought for a $1 in a thrift store and some wood and bone beads I already had it has come together quite well. John calls me a witch doctor when I wear it, thought about it for a few minutes and then said he wouldnt be surprised if I WAS a witch doctor!
I really had fun making the ugliest faces I could think of, then painting them white and then with burnt sienna or was it raw umber, maybe raw umber, rubbed off all but what stayed in the cracks and crannies.
A lot of fun.

2 comments:

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

I am sure that you love opportunity shops Penny because you can find such treasures for your craft work. A Grumpy Women's workshop. Sounds terrific! Yes, the blossoms are starting here too. The wattles first, then the blossoms. The apricot in our back yard is out now. When I walked home from shopping at Not Quite Right I noticed a lovely magnolia tree covered in deep pink. It looked like a flock of galahs resting on the branches.
Wendy

marieJ' said...

Penny
Love those polymer faces and beads..
Did you have a (polymer) tutor at GW weekend??