Thursday, August 17, 2006

Adelaide skyline

Finally I can get something up on my blog, installing firefox seems to have done the trick but it has taken ages with me hoping that it would all come right by itself, vain hope!
We spent a couple of days in Adelaide and this is the view from the 10th floor bedroom we had at the Stamford plaza, I dont know what building the lovely shaped cupula is on, I must see if I can see it from the street. I hadnt really taken any drawing stuff with me as it was a very rushed trip, although having room service and only me was wonderful (John had a dinner to go to). I have felt so tired and so rushed off my feet lately.
I went to see my mother with my sister yesterday and took her for coffee, she was being really good and positive which was great, and then we went to do the final clearing out of her house.The car was absolutely laden, even tho we thought we had sent most of it down with the removal truck. There were still paintings, and more paintings and yet more paintings.
The night before we took 4 huge pots around to my friend Paddy's house, I am not sure how they will come home but eventually.
Then I had to unload the car as John had farm business to attend to. It was an absolutely foul day, blowing a gale all day, power just on when we got home, and then blessedly it rained and we had just over 6 mm which wasnt enough but has at least given things a bit of a drink, now for some more. I am not sure how hopeful that is, looks like dry weather and more dry weather with some not very good changes if we are lucky.
So today is re grouping, working out how firefox works, trying to tidy up rooms that are still full of furniture I dont want as Tabby hasnt been to collect her stuff.
I am so pleased I am back to blogging, I cant believe how much I missed it.

1 comment:

Jana Bouc said...

Great drawing...I like your rich lines and the letterhead showing at the top adds to it.