Friday, August 04, 2006

EDM Challenge Souvenires


I bought these little wooden kokishi dolls on two different trips to Japan, I love them both, the right hand one is a more traditional Girls day doll I believe and the other is a more modern version.
They were done with watercolour pencils wetted after I had drawn them.
Of course after they were done I discovered that they were rather wonky, but I still quite like them.
A busy day, grand children to get off this morning, lunches to get, shopping to do, but I did have a few minutes to myself doing the drawing, I would love a bit of time to actually paint but so far it hasnt happened.
I walked the dogs up to the top of the hill tonight and found that one of the gums on the top of the iron stone rise that I like to climb up to had broken off a large branch so I collected some seeds and flowers from it while they were fresh.

2 comments:

Anastasia said...

these are adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

Having visited Japan many times, we have collected several kokeshi, but you have rendered yours a special charm. The Japanese would snap this picture up in an instant Penny, sooo appealing. Well done.