Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sorry but my computer had a problem.

 Just as I was in the middle of getting ready for the Coffin Bay trip, with interruptions like trips to Adelaide and meetings and a whole morning of Drs appointments, my laptop which is to come with us had a big huccup and had to go to be fixed, I am still not sure it is fixed but is here but I am laboriously using the little note book at the moment.
Any way, after a long few days organising food and leaving half J's stuff (clothing, not fishing gear!) behind we are here. He has had to rush off and buy a polo top! In a way a good thing as the old one was disgusting.
We managed to have a clear run through and arrived in good time but D had a flat tyre and A and M who were travelling behind stayed to help so a long day for them.
Thank goodness I had made a smoked salmon impossible pie for what was a very late meal.
The clouds on the 10 hour trip across were fantastic and we had showers for most of the trip. All these photos were taken from the car so a few blurry shots.
The smoke stacks were taken as we drove through Whyalla where they do things to the iron ore taken from the huge deposits in the area.
The blurry one was of the bluebush plains, the rain storm clouds are not showing up well but a few minutes after I took this the heavens opened..
I hope our house sitter is coping with Max.
The last photo was taken just a little late as I couldnt open the door to take the sunset at its best but just to prove we arrived safe and sound.
I am still in bed typing this with one finger, the fellows have finally left to go fishing and it is safe to have a shower, cant believe how late it is.




Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Doreen G said...

I think your laptop and my laptop must have been out partying together Penny because mine died on Wednesday and had to go and be fixed as well.

Robin Mac said...

Who cares if it is very late, you are on holidays! Glad you had a good run through, it is a long trip. Cheers

ArtPropelled said...

I've been without a computer for two days. So frustrating! As Robin commented, you are on holiday so get up when you feel like it.Enjoy!

Shania said...

What a heavenly journey you had! :) Penny, always have a backup copy of all the important files you need. So you won't have to worry too much in case you have to troubleshoot your laptop again.

Shania Simpsons