Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Adelaide Botanic Gardens

 I was in Adelaide yesterday, J had a meeting so I went to see P who decided that we needed an airing and so we went to the Botanic Gardens, a lovely too warm day for May, our first stop was the Santos Museum to see Pattersons drawings from the Joseph Banks Exhibition, most of which I have seen before but what interested me were the plants and fibres used commercially, all in lovely collecting boxes with old wavy glass lids that are also held in the museum.
We had a cup of coffee, looked at the Garden shop, I have to say not nearly as interesting as the old one used to be, and on the way back to the car walked through the new rose garde near the conservatory.
I say new because it hasnt been there terribly long and I remember meeting a very young Queen in the old one. I was about 12 at the time I think.
Any way the new one was full of flowers and looked lovely, even at this late time of the year and the two rosellas against the back drop of the conservatory were gorgeous. (please click to enlarge.)
An on going saga with my toe, they now think I have an ulcer there, so back to lots of visits for dressings, the cortizone has shot my diabetes up, so I may have to go on pills and need assesing (tomorrow) this really annoys me as I have kept it under control very well up until now, and the annoying thing about the diabetes is that it was caused by a virus in/on my pancreas.
On top of that J has to have a colostomy, I will worry until we get results on that.
Dr forgot me this morning, another appointment this afternoon, after a physio as my knee is not doing what it should.
I am not complaining!! Oh no, just stressing.
We leave for Coffin Bay next week too, so I am having to organise that.
Just hope no one takes my blood pressure, it is sure to be up.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Hildred said...

H Penny, enlarged your collage and it is really very beautiful. So sorry about your health problems though - I can imagine how stressful it is for you and hope that things will soon improve.

Robin Mac said...

Oh Penny, you are going through an awful time just now. I hope you can get it all sorted and just enjoy yourself at Coffin Bay. I was so sad to hear the old Gardens shop had closed as I hound some beautiful things in there, I hope the new one improves. I loved Adelaide Botanic Gardens. Glad You enjoyed my photos. Cheers