Monday, May 17, 2010

TAST 11 clouds and rocks




For some reason my photos have loaded themselves in totally the wrong way, and not how I did it.
Ah well the mysteries of blogger.
The first two are me playing with stones.
All my life I have brought back stones from wherever I have been and when ever I walk.
A lot of them just sit around decorating the edges of gardens or wherever I think they should be, but I have been loving these piled up stones.
I first saw piled up stones in the outback on the way from Coober Pedy to William Creek, then I saw photos of them from Japan, although I have never seen piles in Japan. Then when we were in Queensland some one had been piling them up in a river bed and the idea has tickled my fancy ever since, so here are what could be the start of many!

Then there is my take a stitch Tuesday, this week it was bullion buttonhole stitch which was fun to do once I had got my head around it. A few of my grubs (bullions) are a bit thick in places and of course I cant for the life of me do a straight line, but there I have done it. Oh and go and have a look at Sharon b's blog which is in my side bar for more information on this challenge.
These clouds looked as if they might drop some rain, no such luck but they looked quite impressive any way.
We are so dry.
I know there is some green grass showing but I can assure you it is either the watered lawn or is hanging on by the skin of its teeth.

No comments: