Monday, May 24, 2010

Sorbello Stitch TAST12 Walking the oyster walk, Coffin Bay


Here is my usual, pretty wonky stitch for week 12 of Sharonb's weekly stitch (see my side bar).
Actually I quite liked this stitch but got a bit muddled when I tried to make a pattern od the stitches.It was very easy to do.
A grey day this morning but M and I decided to walk and hope we didnt get rained on.
We didnt but just made it back in time before the heavens opened.
We walked along the oyster walk and I took photos, we condemned the style of huge holiday houses that were being built where once there were tiny shacks nestled into the scrub. I must take photos of those small ones that are left, surely the idea of a holiday house by the sea is one you can tramp sand into and relax, not spend your whle life cleaning it up.
There were dolphins playing but all I managed to get was sea water!
Yachts in the bay as well as motor cruisers, oyster boats and pelicans, flowers andsea water seeping into the samphire swamplands, tiny fish in there, one of their fish nurseries.
The last photo is from an 83 year old friends window where we sat and had morning tea and a biscuit.
Lovely, that view across Kellidee Bay with the high hills behind is quite magnificent and one could never tire of it.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Each time I come here it's always the same! drool drool drool!
so envious...
i so miss the ocean!
all my love
Caroline