Thursday, May 06, 2010

Lunch yesterday



We bought hamburgers and sat overlooking the sea at O'Sullivans beach yesterday on the way home. I rather like this spot, yesterday it was too rough for boats to launch but there were waves breaking on the rocks. Then the desalination plant looks just about finished, interestingly it is placed just north of the old oil loading or rather un loading pipe line, but like many things in this State that is no longer economic, the oil comes by road instead. How silly we are.
The cliffs along here are full of these wonderfully coloured ochres, once used by aboriginals for trade but now just pretty cliffs to look at.
It has been a bit drizzly off and on and a lot colder, the fire has been welcome. Not as much rain as one would liked.
I had to brave the town today, with the new Woolworths in operation I braved the underground car park, that was ok and wandered the new big W and didnt find anything I wanted.
The mail picked up, the papers as well and finally came home.
I think our drivers down here are awful, especially after being interstate but you learn to live with it.
My mother seems to be alright, although they have taken blood as they think she may be anaemic, and getting her to the loo was an adventure in itself but we managed it all.
I cant get enthusiastic at the moment, I need a push to get some things done!
A few ideas but nothing to make me want to get at it here and now.

2 comments:

Wanda..... said...

I'm sure your enthusiasm will return Penny...you are so creative. Enjoy the weekend!
...Wanda♥

Art4Sol said...

Beautiful scenery!