Thursday, May 20, 2010

Stitched gelatin print and around the farm


Here is one of the gelatin prints I did on fabric and then hand stitched. I love doing this but have no idea what I will eventually do with these.
Then part of my walk in the morning.
A group of our ponies waiting to be fed. Usually the foals would be weaned by now but some of them were a bit late. This is a mix of Section A and B Welsh ponies. You can see how dried off everything still is.
I am not sure what comes next but I think this shot of what are usually pony paddocks but at this time of the year become calf paddocks as we rtaise all our rreplacement heifers plus a few to sell later on. It was quite early and a bit misty.
Oh bother I did get the next two the wrong way around, the first is of some of the sown grass coming up in a slightly wetter part of the paddock and the second is in the same paddock but in a drier area where nothing much is coming up.
Not good to have it as patchy as this and unfortunately this is what it is like in most of the areas we have sown.
We are still buying hay and normally at this time of the year we should have grass for cows to eat.
Still in drought and no drought assistance.
I just hope that we get the rain they seem to be forecasting next week and of course then if it gets too wet and cold we wont get any growth either. You just cant win.
I am almost ready for the early morning start tomorrow for Coffin Bay, just hope all is well while we are away.
I will have the notebook and possibly the printer so hope to be on line.



2 comments:

Robin Mac said...

Ilove all your photos Penny, I hope you get all the right weather conditions and that you have a lovely holiday at Coffin Bay. I drool at the thought of the oysters there. Cheers, Robin

Wanda..... said...

If I could send you some rain I would Penny...we have had more than our share, finally the sun is shining after days of being cloudy!

Thank you for the nice comment, I discovered this morning, Penny!

Enjoy your time at Coffin Bay!
♥...Wanda