Saturday, May 08, 2010

TAST 10 and a walk




We finally found time to walk this morning. A visit to the market first and then down to the Bay for a short walk, it should have been longer but there were enormous heaps of sea weed on the beach and a high tide so off for a coffee and home.
It was wonderful to finally have a walk on one of my beaches.
I have finished my TAST week 10 which is cloud stitch, another filling stitch which I quite liked but made a mess in the middle by not watching what I was doing. I threaded a bit of tape through to sort of hide it!
I came home and cleaned out the new chooks cage, planted some onions, and some seeds of silver beet so we have a bit of greenery through winter.
I have also tidied up a lot of the feijoas that fell off the tree while we were away, I love them but they stink when they get over ripe.
There is talk of flying foxes in Adelaide, the grey headed supposedly endangered ones, I am not sure what the people of Adelaide will think of that. I dont suppose we will see them down here but perhaps the fruit growers in the hills will have to take notes from their Queensland friends.
My sister rang to say that we may have to put our mother into the high care area of the nursing home. I have been dreading this happening but think it is now probably our only option. Next week if it happens as quickly as that may be busy and depressing.
I have sorted out some stuff to stitch finally so cant sit and feel sorry for myself now.

1 comment:

Wanda..... said...

It was exactly this time of year 3 years ago that my mother was placed in a nursing home. At least it was closeby, within 3 minutes, so I could visit everyday.
Your stitching is always lovely, Penny!
♥...Wanda