Monday, May 10, 2010

Mothers Day


I had a lovely Mother's day yesterday. John took me for breakfast and it was such a warm and sunny morning, far too warm for May and a worry but I was not going to let that stop my enjoyment of the day.
The sun was almost too bright on the sea and this is the view one way, out to the islands and with white horses on the breakers, and this was along the terrace where we sat.
After breakfast we went out to Kings Beach car park and walked the cliff top, spectacular waves breaking and more surge than we have had for months.
As if that wasnt enough to set me up we then went out to Tabby and Johns place and had a wonderful lunch, cooked in a camp oven but with table and chairs as his parents are rather more elderly than we are.
So I was grandmother and great grandmother to these wonderful children.
First Millie and Mason (the nappy gang!), looking a bit doubtful about having photos taken, and then Celina with her Cob with Millie having a ride, she has a beautiful seat already so I hope there are many more years of riding ahead for her.
It was a wonderful setting and I have loads of photos from both the walk and the picnic so you may see more in the next week or so.
I hope all the mothers out there had a lovely day too.
Update this morning.
There is always a bit of sad news, it sounds as if my mother has taken a turn for the worst, her heart is playing up, as it is now over 10 years since she had her major heart operation she has done well to get this far but it could be tomorrow, it could be 6 months, but her three daughters are feeling rather as if we are on stand by at the moment, plans to be made if anything happens while any one of us are away. Still we have done this before and all has been well but at nearly 98 she has had a very good life and personally I think she would be happier if it was sooner rather than later.


2 comments:

Wanda..... said...

Loved the little smiling face sitting on that pony! My mother also had 3 daughters that miss her terribly!
♥...Wanda

annie said...

So glad to hear about your Mother's Day visits. And sorry about your mother's health and wish it were a more comfortable time for her. Thoughts and prayers for her and for you.
annie