Monday, May 31, 2010

KISS, Holey Moley & Gilding the Lily


I have finally finished, but not bounf my KISS project for Dijanne Cevaal, I think it must be finished by today but I cant bind it here. The photo is not terribly good as I have problems doing them here.I am sad but the rather messy middle bit was a stencil of flowers which was hand stitched, and then running stitch around it.
I am not even sure if this followes Dijaane's guide lines.
The next two are papermock ups before translating them into stitch, this is for Holey Moley and is an interesting take on 'edge'.
Finally a small piece done for Gilding the Lily, painted tissue bonded to felt, then a piece of super foil etched with a pencil and bonded to that, with some foil around and then some flowers punched out of super foil and stitched on.
Fun to do.
We have had a better day today no rain and not much in the way of wind.
I have walked, sketched and as you see played with paper and thread.
Lots of fish eaten, a bit of wine (perhaps more than a bit!), walking and relaxing, quite a bit of chat.
We actually saw a good film on tv last night (not much choice of channels and a very old small tv!), it was the Gathering Storm with Albert Finney and Vanessa Redgrave, about Churchill just before the 2nd World War.
There are so few good things on free to air these days.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all of them. KISS is good!

All that hand stitching!

I really like Gilding the lily!

Hugz

Downunderdale said...

looking great Penny - we watched that film too - I would like to see a sequel!
Have fun

brigitte said...

beautiful works

Art4Sol said...

Lovely work!!!

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Hello Penny,
What interesting things you have been doing, and lovely photos on your other posts. I do like the ominous names along the coastline!
This seems to be a hidden treasure of a place.
Wendy