Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Autumn is here




A A few photos, just to show a few things gathered over the last few weeks.
The lovely fish I bought in the Bribie Island Gallery while we were in Queensland. He is quite magnificent.
Then while I was at Textile Forum in Ballaratt the guy who has stuff from Asia was there and I bought this slightly worn but lovely piece from I think Northern Thailand.It has a seam down the back and some of the young girls were wearing them as skirts. Not me, I just love the fabric.
It is cold and raining today and here by the bedroom door the cyclamen are flowering. Some are still in post and some I have planted out. Finally I have found somewhere they like.
And just to prove it is cold and raining John has lit the fire. I sat by it and dozed off for a few minutes this afternoon.
This doesnt mean I havent still got lots to do, just that it was nice to sit with a warm cup of cocoa and thumb through India Flints wonderful book on natural dyeing.
I must gather some leaves before they all blow away and see what I can do with them.
Tomorrow is Adelaide, haircuts and see my mother and then John has to go back up near Adelaide for a meeting and dinner so a bit of a mad rush I think.
Off to feed the cat who has been telling me for an hour he is hungry, feed the dogs and the chooks and make a casserole for dinner.
Not necessarily in that order!

2 comments:

Wanda..... said...

You are an inspiration Penny, you're happily busy as a bee!
...Wanda♥

Caroline said...

I too get carried away at the computer unfortunately for the pets!! all of them... he he
I so love the fish, do you want to share the artist? link me up!
Would love to show her/his stuff!
Love Caroline