Thursday, April 02, 2009

Queensland book


Here are a few pages of my still to be finished Queensland book.
I have managed to get the cover and the pages together but I still have to fill my pockets and think of a few more things to add.
These are all made using various paper napkins I found while in Queensland and bonded onto some very cheap felt I found in Crazy Clarkes. The frangipani flower was bonded and cut out and the photo has been printed onto some cotton ready for print fabric.
Came home after lots of fruitless looking in Queensland and found exactly what I wanted after I had done it all, tropical Island blowing palm tree, oh well next time.
I have enough paper napkins to start a shop.
I have really loved doing this and I think I may make more. I wonder what my children will think of them when I am no longer here, probably throw them all in the bin, but they will bring back memories for me.
I have made beds, tidied up and managed to feed all the ponies this morning. I hope my back holds out, it feels a bit precious today.
Of course I also thought I had better get together the stuff for my class in Ballarat, well first I coudnt find the magnetic clasps I had bought for the class as our teacher had asked if I could get some, found them after I had tidied up 3/4's of the room, I still cant find my heat gun and heat sticks, I have no idea what has bedcome of them. Still it wont cost me much to buy some more and the old one was getting pretty battered.
I wonder if I clean up the other work room if I will find them.
Very warm today, 34 degrees at least and not much fun getting all the beds organised, but now they are done I should be able to relax a bit.
I will dust and clean tomorrow.

1 comment:

Karen said...

This turned out really nice and to think it's made out of napkins, it never ceases to amaze me the creativity.