Monday, April 06, 2009

Book cover


I made this out of crumpled and painted brown paper bonded to calico. A pre made bit of something from some lesson that is in the to use later box was cut out and sewn on to the front.
I know I used one of my Indian wooden print blocks but I am not sure if this was a paper cast or using moulding paste, could have been a bit of both then painted.
The book is a little one with hand made Indian paper in it.
I am attempting to keep up with children, ponies etc, thank goodness Fenella is home so now I dont have to do the feeds any more.
They actually did very well at the Grand National show with Rivington Royal Hiccup managing a top 10 in both the leading rein and the small show hunter so well done Hiccup, my little mare wasnt well, it is a 2 day trip from here to Sydney and the Galloway did reasonably well considering he is very young and the number of entries.
I have now finished off all the things I am taking to the exhibition so I can relax a bit.

1 comment:

Karen said...

This is so nice Penny really pretty and practical as well. I always love it when people make journals.