Friday, April 24, 2009

Good news and bad news


We have had rain, 17 mm overnight and showers on and off today, but the bad news is that my lower back has seized up and instead of jumping in puddles I am feeling sore and sorry for myself. Painkillers are not working.
The first photo is of my new purchase, a Bernina 1006, a very basic machine, and heavy but it only cost $300 and runs like a dream with a 6 month warranty. I had to buy a darning foot but never mind, I can now do free motion embroidery with the best of them, I hope!!
The second photo is of yesterday mornings sky, I missed the really dark pink bit but this was the start of the rain.
Tomorrow is ANZAC day, a very important day in the Australian calendar, quite often the traditional start to our autumn/winter rains. John will go in to the dawn service to remember all those who fell in all the wars our fellow Australians fought in. He has to lay a wreath as our local MP cant be in about three places at once.
I always say I will go with him but if its cold and wet I am not very inclined to go.
We had a power blackout in the middle of the night, our pressure pump burnt out due to the dirt and dust and then the rain on it, so a new pressure pump is being installed.
I do hope my back is better tomorrow, I am trying to both tidy up and finish off 9 postcards I have to sent by the end of the month, they are nearly finished.

3 comments:

Pat said...

Thank you for the kind comment, I hope by now your back is feeling better and you and your new Bernina can whip through those postcards in no time.

annie said...

Any rain makes us grateful but I am sorry about the back. I do hope it starts getting better soon.
annie

Karen said...

Poor you with your aching back. I hope that you start to feel better soon. I love my hot water bottle for those days that mine is bothering me, sometimes though the cold works better than the hot.

I love the new machine, I'm sure you'll get many hours of enjoyment out of it.