Friday, October 05, 2012

I had a birthday, so did Mason, been busy

 It has been a totally frantic week or so. Mason had a Birthday and we celebrated that with a family lunch, his aunt made the cake.
I also had a birthday yesterday but I have been so fraught it almost passed by without noticing it.
One of my best mares became ill on Monday and on Tuesday was rushed up to Adelaide to the vets there, she has a 10 day foal at foot, and we only got her back today, thousands of dollars later, and it has been touch and go.
I just hope all is well tomorrow.
I had my friend P staying and we were doing a 4 day painting class in Victor, a long day and very ahrd to concentrate all day but do it we did.
Just with all the worry about the mare, making meals etc and most of the family forgetting any way, I think apart from the beautiful earrings that John bought me in Darwin it was a non event. I even had to cook dinner!!
P took the photo of the next mare who foaled and her colt, this was the morning he was born.
The last two photos were taken this morning when I had to be in Victor for a 7.30 bloodtest, I had a take away coffee and dtook those photos.
So yes I am in the land of the living but would like a weeks sleep which I will not get.
For the paintings or some of them go to my other blog(on the side bar).


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Doreen G said...

Happy Birthday Penny--gosh hasn't Mason grown into a handsome you fellow.

ArtPropelled said...

A belated Happy Birthday for yesterday Penny.Hope all is well with your mare. What a worry!

virginia said...

I didn't forget. Iwas just out all day yesterday and didn't get a chance to get to the computer. I'll send you a card when i manage to get upstairs. Suddenly felt weird so am taking it easy. Hope the mare is okay now. Lots of love and happy birthday!