Thursday, October 18, 2012

A few minutes ago


I walked Max and this young fox came within about 10 feet of me, he did this yesterday morning as well. I need John to dispatch it.
I then walked up the track to the house and took a few photos of what is out in the garden, the little gladiolis wont last long but they are so pretty. a few corms given to me years ago by a dear friend have moved around to various places in the garden.
The rose over the garage is flowering well, so well that on Tuesday I reached up to cut a few and fell over backwards into some pots, luckily nothing but my ego was bruised. well there may be some bruising on my bottom but I cant see!!
I really must be more careful.
My small water feature and some of the pots I am arranging around it, this backs onto the garage wall and is a difficult area so ages ago we paved it but now I have re done it. I hope the geraniums and herbs will like it and grow well, we are also aiming to put the shade cloth I put together this week over it as it gets terribly hot in summer. Even the succulents I tried there didnt much like it.
Yesterday we had a lovely day in Adelaide, called in to see my sisters and get my birthday presents  and in doing that saw my newest great niece, 3 months and gorgeous but no time for a photo.
We headed into the city and went to the Art gallery and had a quick lunch and saw three exhibitions, Anna Platten, Lydia Groblicka who had some interesting lino cuts, and La Belle Epoch, French drawings and prints from 1880 to 1910, some very interesting works to be seen here in an era I love.
From there we went to see the Geoffrey Smart exhibition, not just his but lots of his contempories, some of whose works I own.
Something totally different I then went up to the textile exhibition at TARTS where some friends of mine had some work in.
A long day for us and a dreadfully slow drive home, there seem to be road works every where we went as well as every stop light seemed to have it in for us.
I ache rather well this morning from the couple of minor falls I had to sitting in the car for too long and walking on city pavements.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Hildred said...

Oh my, you have been busy, Penny, - and all such interesting things to do. I hope that you and Brother Fox will make friends!

ArtPropelled said...

Busy busy busy!So many art exhibitions .... food for the soul.

Julie said...

Hi Penny! I am sending you a surprise in the mail, I hope, tomorrow!!!!!

It was interesting to hear of your era you love. I have decided it is one of my favorite eras as well, literary wise. Have been reading Lucy Maud Montgomery, Abe Lincoln, and Mark Twain.

I will have to research the artists who's exhibits you saw! It surely sounded like one of the BEST DAYS EVER!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the pots and the way you have arranged them, here's hoping your herbs do well for you.

shirley said...

Your garden is always a picture and a delight to see Penny

Rowan said...

Your garden looks lovely- of course it's Spring where you are unlike here where everything is dying back. I didn't realise that you have foxes in Australia.