Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I tried to post this yesterday

 This was yesterday mornings walk with Max, this morning we have returned to winter and it is freezing cold and wet and windy.
Yesterday was almost hot.
My GP said I had to swim or walk, walking could be easier as swimming means going in to pools and membership fees etc.
So we walked through the padedocks and down to the old road. I loved the blackboy on the side of the road just sending up its flwer spike, no flowers yet, they are full of honey and loved by the honey eating birds.
The last time I took a photo of the bridge pool the creek was in full flood, today this time the trees were reflected in its cool brown surface.
The old road is almost covered in grass in some places, still green and lush but the problem with Spring is that summer is not far ahead and it will all become brown and I am not a great lover of heat and hot winds and flies.
I took a photo of part of the milking herd in the paddock over the road, with the pony paddock in the forground, the lttle stallion had just been chasing his mares and was a bit puffed out.
When I came back I began tidying up by the back door paved area, this is raised a bit and is a heat trap, we have set up my little bubbling water feature there but I need to get at it so I have cleared away the steps and lots of weedy growth and am planning to plant up some more pots and re do it.
We had to move a couple of big pots as well so I was hot and bothered by the time I finished yesterday.
Now I will have to wait for the weather to get better before I can do much more.
Another disaster with a foal being kicked in the head, another vet visit, I wonder what the 3rd one will be.
Lots of stitches in his little head, we had called him Harry Potter, now witha zig zag scar on his head it may be even more appropriate! As I said to Sarah, beware what you call them. It seems to just be skin so with any luck he will be ok and we wont be able to see where it was when he grows up.
I stood in the freezing cold and my knee is playing up so off to sit by the fire and do some stitching.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Julie said...

Beautiful photos of the scenery!!! Heaven.

Linda said...

Sounds as if you've been having an eventful time. I hope your weather warms up soon!

ArtPropelled said...

Beautiful photos! Love the last one in particular.