Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Photos from a few days ago

 Yesterday we raced up to Glenelg to have our hair cut and after buying towels with a birthday gift voucher at Marion we went to Brighton beach for lunch. I dont think I have ever been to Brighton beach, we pass the turn off for the jetty on our way home but have never gone down to look.
It has a short jetty, like most of the ones along the gulf as they have been slowly ripped apart by storms, but it was a charming little beach village with nice places to eat and a lovely sandy beach.
It was quite warm yesterday and there were lots of mothers and small children around.
we had a very pleasant lunch on the footpath looking at the sea and the passing parade, not a huge amount of people but enough.
I imagine in high summer it is crowded.
We parked the ute along the esplanade and I saw these beetles on a storm drain cover, fun, but what for and who did them?
We walked out to the end of the jetty, and I took this photo from the end where there was a musical pipe making not much noise under us.
Last week when we were in Adelaide I took this photo of Gaye's Arcade which is one of the little old arcades in the center of the city, and then as we came out of the art gallery I took this photo of what I think is the old armory building. Any way it is a lovely old building tucked away behind the museum and next to the new wing of the art gallery.
It is lovely to find such treasures.
After my week end of high activity on the garden I am now feeling rather tired and achy.
I really do need to pace myself and not go at things like a bull at a gate.



1 comment:

virginia said...

Unfortunately there are no pictures. I would have loved to have seen Brighton Beach and the jetty, also the old arcade in Adelaide. Perhaps something went wrong somewhere, but I just have four boxes at the bottom of your writing.

Autumn is coming, although it's not yet cold. But the leaves have turned, the vineyards are golden and leaves are beginning to fall. We will have to move the plants inside soon, which is sad because it means five or six months of cold - not my favourite season!

Lots of love to you and John,

Virginia