Tuesday, October 30, 2012

This and that


The peacocks are calling, making a huge noise but it is mating season. I have 3 males and 2 females so there is a lot of competition. They like to sit as high as they can in the trees, this one is in a huge old wattle tree.
My madagascan geranium has been at its peak, it midly self sows around the garden and its huge head of flowers makes a great show. It favours certain places and not others so I let it go where it likes to be.
The weather has been warming up,  we have a cold night with fog and then up into the 30's again. It is windy today and my hayfever has driven me inside.
There is talk of a change and a possible shower tonight. I wish we would get another decent rain things are drying off and I will have to get the hoses out again, I would love to live somewhere where spring is warm and balmy, lots of showers but sun as well, the impossible dream I think.
I have been up early most mornings as still no foals, the mares all look as if they will burst and their bags are full of milk and yet every morning, at 6 am, nothing! I have this terrible feeling we will have them on the morning of the show on Saturday, and I will be left to deal with them and wont get to the show, as it is the 2 hour drive up and back is making me wonder, but of course I want to be there to see my ponies.
The last photo is of the dresser in the hall, full of all sorts of bits and pieces. I know I have shown it before but I took the photo the other day and thought I would like to put it up again.
Off to do some more sewing, there is plenty to do and I have this horrid feeling I will run out of time before Christmas.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Wanda..... said...

I imagine there're more beautiful things all throughout your home, Penny!

Suztats said...

Nice to see the peacocks--we don't get much chance of that. I've been catching up on your posts...your cuffs look wonderful, and I so enjoy reading about your garden and seeing things in bloom.

Julie said...

You really live in a lovely place.....you have created wonderland!!!! GORGEOUS!!!!!