Sunday, October 28, 2012

Friends for lunch

 I took this photo yesterday just before friends arrived for lunch.
It was a lovely setting and the sun did eventually come out.
Far too nice to move inside and I had warned every one to bring a jumper.
My mother would have been 100 yesterday and her favorite rose was Peace and just on cue my climbing peace was full of lovely blooms.When she could get around my mother quite often came down for a family lunch for her birthday and the glory vine always had flowers on it which showered down on us, as it did today.
We had a great lunch but what once was so easy to do is now much harder and much more tiring, even though I did try to make it as simple as possible. I think it was enjoyed as we talked and reminisced for over 4 hours.
We didnt need any food for dinner!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Doreen G said...

What a beautiful setting Penny-so serene.

Wanda..... said...

Lovely scene, Penny...perfect weather it seems also.

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful the table and settings in harmony with nature. I'm sure your guests loved it.

Jo Murray said...

An absolutely beautiful setting Penny. I like having guests as there are often leftovers. This means I don't have to cook at all the following day.

Gaby Bee said...

What a beautiful place for a lunch. It looks so inviting! I bet your guests loved it.

Have a lovely week!
Gaby xo

Julie said...

How beautiful. That outdoor setting is perfection!!!